Ink Drawing: Life #1 - Drawing done duirng winter/spring 1999

Early on in college I became interested in Speedball Ink Pens (a brand of pen that's dipped in ink instead of having an internal supply within the pen) primarily because I thought the pens themselves where interesting (see my photo series on the ink pens).  This first "Life" drawing was done during my sophomore year of college and didn't at all start out to be what it turned into.  I had gotten a large sheet of paper which I wanted to simply fill with pen doodling to make an overal composition of tiny drawings, but after a while I wrote the world 'Life' across it in large letters and tried to make it a commentary on my life.  This is the first in the series, and is hanging in Wisconsin Rapids in my old room at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment